Animal Remover FAQs
PLEASE REFER TO THIS BEFORE YOU CALL ANIMAL REMOVER
When you are calling to report an animal, please just call once. We will get the message and a wildlife control specialist will be sent out to get the animal at our convenience. We pick up animals between the hours of 7am and 8pm.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are your services free?
- No, we are not funded by city, state, or federal organizations. We are a private corporation and must charge a fee for our animal removal services. However there are special instances involving exotic animal removal that may be free of charge.
What does your Initial Inspection / Service fee cover?
- The Initial Inspection / Service fee covers us traveling to your property, performing a full inspection, determining exactly what animal problem you having and what we can do to solve it.
- Setting traps if applicable, resetting traps inadvertently tripped, cleaning off snow, ice, and debris, rebating traps with fresh bait as necessary, and disinfecting the trap for the next customer.
- Writing out a full Animal Intrusion Worksheet (prices for animal damage repair / cleanup).
Do you charge on per head basis?
- Yes, we remove animals on a per head basis because we handle each animal individually.
What does the price per animal cover?
- The price per animal covers us coming to your site, removing the animal from your property, resetting the trap with fresh bait and lure, and relocating or euthanizing the removed animal.
How do you prevent catching non-target animals?
- Unlike other wildlife companies we do not use dog or cat food in our traps.
- We use specialized baits designed by our research and development department to prevent catching non-target animals and pets.
- Most of our baits and lures are formulated to attract animals that are within 5-10 feet of the trap – not from long distances.
- We set traps near the animal’s entry point or travel path.
Do you charge for non-target animals?
- Yes we do. We still have to come to your site, release or remove the animal from your property, reset and re-bait the trap, and/or dispose of the animal.
- We rarely catch non-target animals with our species specific baits but it does sometimes happen, even though we take all the precautions to prevent it from happening.
What if the trap is stolen?
- The customer is responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged traps. All of our traps are secured down with stakes or wire to help prevent theft.
Can I release an animal from the trap?
- No. It is against state law for anyone other than the operator of the trap to release an animal from the trap, move the trap, touch, or tamper with the trap. If an animal is released from the trap the customer will be charged target price for the animal and for replacement cost of the trap if damaged. This will be determined by an Animal Remover wildlife specialist.
Do I have to sign a service agreement?
- Yes, state law requires we have permission to set traps on private property. We also have specific terms for service that you must agree to.
How many traps do you set?
- It depends on your animal situation, different animals require different traps. This will be determined by an Animal Remover wildlife control specialist.
Where do you set the traps?
- As close to the entry point, travel path, or to the damaged area as possible.
Can the animal get out of the trap?
- No, we use a professional series trap. The only reason this could happen is if the trap was damaged by something other than an animal.
Will you inspect my attic or crawl space?
- Yes we will perform a full inspection of your attic or crawl space and give you a full report.
- We will check for physical damage, wire damage, feces, urine, and insulation compaction.
How long is my Initial Inspection / service fee good for?
- Your service fee will be good as long as we are trapping on your property. If you request to have traps pulled and then want them to be brought back and are within 30 days of us pulling the traps, then we charge a nominal fee to bring them back.
How long will you keep traps on my property?
- As long as you are hearing noises in your attic and/or crawl space, or if there is evidence of animal activity.
- Once we believe all the animals have been removed we will put an indicator over the entry point. If there is no activity within 5-7 days we move to the animal damage repair phase.
Do you repair the damaged areas to prevent further problems with other animals?
- Yes, we will inspect the entire structure to identify the current problem areas as well as identify any potential problems.
- We will give you an Animal Intrusion Worksheet (prices for repairs/exclusion/cleanup). You have the option to select which repairs or exclusion techniques you feel comfortable with.
Do your repairs come with a warranty?
- All of our permanent repairs carry a minimum 3 year warrnty, with the option to renew that warranty at the end of 3 years. Some repairs have lifetime warranties.
- Our Animal Exclusion Warranty covers our repairs only, not the entire structure.
What happens if an animal penetrates an area you recommended repair or exclusion work on, and we opted not to do it?
- Unfortunately we have no choice other than to re-start the process. If you are within 30 days of the initial agreement we will come back and set up traps for a nominal fee.
What if a different species of animal penetrates your repairs?
- Our repairs come with a minimum 3 year warranty.
- Please refer to our Animal Exclusion Warranty Page.
What is exclusion?
- It is a technique or materials used to protect possible entry points.
- An example would be a vent guard, chimney cap, or buried mesh to prevent groundhogs or skunks from going under a deck or building.
- These are not typical repairs, like holes in soffits or replacing boards, but more often upgrades, adding animal proof materials to keep animals out.
How often do you check traps?
- State law requires traps be checked every calendar day.
- We allow you, the customer, to accept that responsibility and contact us by 10 a.m. to report an animal in a trap.
- If you choose to check the traps and notify us, you will eliminate daily trap check fees.
What if we live out of town and can’t check the traps?
- We can provide daily trap checks for you for a nominal fee.
- If this is a rental, you may have the tenant check traps.
- You are still responsible for any fees if your tenant forgets to call and report animals in traps by 10 a.m.
- You are still responsible if they damage the trap or release any animals.
We are going out of town and don’t have anyone to check the traps. What do we do?
- We can provide daily trap checks for a nominal fee.
Do you work on weekends and holidays?
- Yes, we provide animal pickup / emergency services on holidays and weekends so the traps still need to be checked.
How long does it take to pick up an animal once it is captured?
- If you report an animal by 10 a.m., it will be picked up that day. If it is reported after 10 a.m., it may not be possible until the following day.
- If we happen to catch an animal later in the day, please notify us. We may have someone in the area and may get it picked up that day.
What do you do with the animal once you remove it?
- State, federal, and local laws dictate what we can and can’t do.
- If a legal and suitable habitat is available, we will relocate animals.
- We provide service in several states and different states have different laws.
How do you euthanize the animals?
- We utilize only the most up to date humane methods approved by state and federal law including c02 gas euthanization and lethal injection.
What if there was no animal in the trap when I did my daily trap check, but there is when you come out to re-bait?
- We will remove the animal, call you, and leave you an invoice on your door.
There is an animal stuck in my wall. Can you get it out?
- The animal is most likely not stuck. It is probably using the wall void as a living space.
- Once an animal is in a house, you’d be surprised where it can access.
- If an animal is actually stuck, we can drill a small hole in the wall, use a specialized camera to inspect the situation, and remove the animal accordingly.
Can you remove an animal that’s in the fireplace or chimney?
- Yes, and in most cases we can remove the animals from your chimney or fireplace in one day.
Can you remove animals from basements?
- We will attempt to locate the animal and remove it by hand. In some cases we may need to set a trap if the animal is hiding in an inaccessible space.
Can you remove attic insulation that has been soiled with droppings and urine?
- Yes, we offer a full attic insulation removal service, and a full blown attic insulation service.
When will the animal be picked up from the trap?
- The animal will be removed from the trap at our convenience. If the animal is called in before 10 a.m. we will remove the animal that day between the hours of 7 a.m. and 8 p.m. If the animal is called in after 10 a.m., we may not be able to remove it until the following day. Please do not call multiple times to report an animal. We will get your initial message and an Animal Remover wildlife control specialist will be dispatched.